Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Only on new probes?[edit source]
I'm removing and disputing the phrase ", but the new designs only begin to apply when you launch new probes.". First, I'm not convinced of this, since changind "Speed" and "Exploration" has an immediate effect on the numbers of "available matter". Second, even if it was true, it would be practically irrelevant since on a healthy growing swarm new probes outnumber old ones quickly. Scarbrowmaven (talk) 07:46, 30 October 2017 (UTC)
I'll have to experiment the next time I'm at that stage. I had the impression that I was not gaining factories or drones until after I'd begun launching more probes, even after I'd adjusted the criteria. I just didn't want people to think that changing the criteria necessarily altered what was happening with the descendents of earlier iterations, since new launches can't be automated.18.104.22.168 18:13, 30 October 2017 (UTC)
Changing probe design takes effect immediately and applies to all probes. The simplest proof I know is that changing speed or exploration to 0 will immediately stop growth of available matter. As for the delay in factory and drone production, they're just slow. That's why I usually wait until I have at least a few dozen probe descendants before assigning any to drones or factories. 22.214.171.124 01:07, 22 June 2020 (UTC)
Maximizing trust[edit source]
So far I've gotten to 88 Trust (and 1000 Max Trust with 3,531,098 Honor) with this method. I could probably farm it almost indefinitely (or at least until drift loss exceeds the highest possible replication rate), but I don't think I have the patience for that. Here's the method:
0. Make sure your Yomi setup is optimal. (Enable AutoTourney and set strategy to either Greedy or Beat Last.)
1. Set these initial Probe Design values:
- - Speed: 1
- - Self-Replication: 3
- - Hazard Remediation: all remaining points
- - Everything else: 0
2. Launch a Probe (maybe 10-1000 if you're impatient).
3. Unlock Combat when it becomes available.
4. Drop Hazard Remediation down to 6 and move all remaining points to Combat.
5. Buy all upgrades you can *except* the Threnody ones. Threnodies trade Creativity and Yomi for Honor. But with this method you'll be farming honor from battles faster than you can spend it.
6. Be patient. Move a Trust point between Exploration, Factory Production, and the Drone Productions when you can afford it or when you start running low on clips.
7. Assign points in this prioritized order: Combat, Speed, Hazard Remediation, Self-Replication. The goal is to keep your Probe count growing while winning as many battles as possible. Remember that losing one battle resets your bonus Honor, so winning *every* battle is a high priority.
8. Eventually, you'll have enough Honor from battles to increase Max Trust. You'll probably have enough Yomi to go immediately from 20 Trust to 30. Keep spending Trust points with a strong focus on Combat and Speed. (Maybe about 1/4 as much Speed as Combat? I haven't figured out the optimal ratio.) Keep going, increasing Max Trust and Trust when you can.
9. When you have a lot of Trust, permanently set one point each on Exploration and the three Production options.
10. Eventually (around 60 Max Trust for me), you'll start getting Honor faster than you can use it. This is when the focus shifts from winning battles (you'll keep winning them, but it's kinda useless to have thousands of Max Trust when you haven't even reached 100 Trust) to keeping the universe running to get more Yomi. When you reach about 1 septillion Probes, slowly drop points from Hazard Remediation until your Probes start dying faster than they replicate.
11. Keep an eye on how many Drifters there are vs how many Probes you have. The number of Drifters should be less than 15% of your Probe count. Adjust Trust points until you're sure you have Drifters under control.
12. Wait until your Probe count has dropped to about 1 million and reassign a Trust point back to Self-Replication.
13. Repeat Trust allocation to keep alternating over several hours between about 1 septillion and 1 million Probes.
14. Post your results when you beat the article's stated high score of 130 Trust.
I'm probably just stopping because it's getting ridiculous. But I'm pretty sure you can gain even more ridiculous levels of Trust if you keep at it for several days. 126.96.36.199 01:43, 22 June 2020 (UTC)
- I just realized that AutoTourney doesn't depend on Probes being alive. So steps 10-14 can be replaced with "Set Self-Replication to 0 and wait for the Yomi to come in while your Probes die." Of course you'll have to launch another Probe if you want to win eventually, but it's pretty fast if you have 50+ points to put on Self-Replication. 188.8.131.52 05:42, 22 June 2020 (UTC)
- I just left it running overnight and am now at 151 Probe Trust. I guess the article's record was easier to break than I thought. 184.108.40.206 21:24, 22 June 2020 (UTC)